Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 1996 21:44:14 -0400
Greetings all...

Peanut just disproved the theory that scruffing will make a ferret yawn.  I
had to scruff him to give him his Invermectin today.  He was just like a
three year old toddler..  "NOPE!  I'm not gonna open my mouth for you to
give me that nasty stuff!" We laughed as we kept trying to get him to open
his mouth.  He ALWAYS yawns when he's scruffed, so we know he was making a
conscious effort to keep his mouth shut.  He seemed to know that whatever it
was we were going to do to him had something to do with his mouth (yes, we
finally got the stuff down..but only with the bribe of cheerios!).

We are taking him to stay with a friend for the next three weeks (along with
health certificate, PAGES of instructions, emergency numbers, directions to
the vet,toys, food, etc)...We will be in Alaska for the next three weeks and
felt that 14 hours and three plane changes was just too much and too long
for him to be in a carrier..and three weeks without a cage would not be
good.  We hate to leave him but have no choice this time.  We will miss you
all and will anxiously look forward to reading all the issues of FML that
will be waiting for us when we return.  I'm going to try to access the net
through the library at the University of Alaska in Fairbanks so that I can
get my daily "FML fix." It won't be the same though.  I'm used to sitting
here at 4:30 a.m., first cup of coffee in hand, gradually coming out my
comatose state as I read the daily doings of the fuzzies.

********
FLO ALERT!

Cadet Peanut reporting

I have just found the secret hidey hole of that most dreaded of government
agencies... my companion humans call it the Infernal Revenue... I have
ferreted out documents and removed them from their safehouse.  I was just
about to take them to a safer place when my male human confronted me and
demanded their immediate return.  Reluctantly, I relinquished the documents,
but in return I demanded access to his computer so that I could report my
findings.  This will be my last transmission for a while.  I have been
detailed to go on a secret mission for the next three weeks.  I have not yet
been given my orders.  I will report back upon my return.

Cadet Peanut.. Out.

We'll miss you all.

Don, Judi and Peanut