Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:50:12 EST
Yesterday I received an e-mail from a 68 year old man I see at church.  He
had tried to tell me something on Sunday, but we were never alone.  So he
e-mailed me.

The lady I nominated-Lynn Siegel- sends many of us some Godly, spiritual,
or upbeat goodies along with other information via e-mail.  I had passed
one on to this gentleman.  His wife died of cancer last year, and he has
been severely depressed.

It turns out that this person feels he was not there enough for his wife as
she was dying, and is ridden with guilt and anxiety.  He had decided to end
his life.  It was just a fluke that he read the e-mail I sent before
killing himself.

He kept it all these months and sent it back to me yesterday.  He has
decided not to kill himself and wanted me to know what stopped him.  It was
because of our FMLer Lynn and the message she sent me.  It was so touching
and truthfull, I sent it on to others.

About three months ago something similar happened with a lady.  It was
another of Lynns e-mails I simply passed on that stopped this woman from
giving up entirely on living.  People share much more by e-mail than face
to face in my experience.

As Thanksgiving draws near,and I read this mans letter of thanks, I realize
how much I have to be thankful for of people and situations and ferret
health tips and emotional support just from those of you on this list
alone.  Many of you have written this last week to say you feel the same.
Each of us impacts the other> How we do so is up to us.

So here then is my tribute of thanks to Lynn, the ferret lady, and to
God-who is in us and with us on the FML.

Lisette