From:
Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 22:38:03 -0400
All this talk about breeders & their wrong doings made me think of an e-mail
I got recently.  Some people that recently got a few ferrets from us asked
our opinion on a ferret that they got from a local breeder.  This ferret
that they got from this breeder just bit the hell out of them - not nip -
bit & tore flesh, attacked the other ferrets (in & out of the cage), etc.
When the breeder was told this she told them to have the ferret put to
sleep!

I had a another person who obtined a ferret from me tell me she had the
same problem from a kit from the same breeder.  Another person went to that
breeder to look at her ferrets.  She left with out one & wanted to come
back, but the breeder told her she could only come out if she bought a
ferret that day.

This person is a respected judge & breeder.  In my experience she has been
rude to other breeders, owners, and the "public" with questions.

I am concerned because she is out there telling people to solve a problem
she created by putting the animal to sleep!  It's like she has a "let me
take your money" attitude!

What can be done about this?  I don't want breeders like that giving the
good breeders a bad name.

Amy Flemming
Flemming Farms
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/9521