From:
JudithMoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 06:53:51 -0700
OOPS!  I knew that no matter what I said someone would misunderstand.  I
never said or meant to say in any way that pet store ferrets were inferior.
What I meant was that my ferrets are bred for compatibility, already
socialized and loving companions.  They are given the best of everything
since of birth.  They are placed in homes after a personal interview and
not sold as a commodity across the counter.  To say that a ferret is
inferior for reasons that they do not control is ignorant.  Every ferret
should have a chance in life to become all that they can be.  It's just
that mine have a headstart of being a wonderful, loving pet.

Now as for the part about the pet store being the only exporsure to
ferrets.  I, as a small breeder would love to have more ways to let "you"
see my animals.  However, if "you" do not seek us out, (we cannot afford
storefronts) and therefore we will be found only by those who search most
diligently.  I place ads in the local papers (the responses are - oh $100
is too much, I can get a ferret for $35.00 ) or people come out to spend
a couple of hours handling the ferrets and then say "that was fun, see
you later when more kits are here, this was a Sunday outing for us".  The
real ferret people seem to hear about us thru a ferret grapevine.  I have
to say it is wonderful when we meet someone who is really looking for that
very special friend.  Very often they leave with that friend cuddled in
their arms.  To see our owners and their joy visit us at
http://moonsongferrets.virtualave.net/owners.html or
http://moonsongferrets.virtualave.net/grad.html

Moonsong Exotics bred to be the perfect companion.