From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 16:51:33 -0400
On the FHL there have been two people who asked about a new concept
(hypothesis? tested?) presented at a very recent vet conference saying
that fat intake should be reduced when insulinoma is present.  There
also was a poster whose ferret was doing badly with insulinoma on a home
made high protein diet and the vet suggested adding kibble with the
result that the ferret rapidly has better blood glucose control and is
much improved in health and quality of life.  Finally, someone asked
about fat utilization.  All were questions/posts that needed expert
input.

I asked Dr. Willard the questions because he holds a Ph.D. in Animal
Nutrition/Biochemistry, a M.S. in Animal Science/Statistics, and a B.S.
in Agriculture Technical Engineering and Animal Science.

AA is Amino Acids.

So, since this may also help someone here and I have his permission to
send it on: