From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 06:56:05 -0500
Can someone post or send me a letter that I can take to local pet stores
and give to people about ferrets?  I mean something that is one or two
pages long that covers basic care and emphasizes how much attention,
exercise, and medical care that can be needed for a ferret.

I have already discouraged an impulse buy of a ferret of a woman who
thought having one would be cool.  She said she was going to put it in its
cage and have it for when she was home.  (Which sounded like not too
often).  I talked to her for a few minutes and she decided that a ferret
was too high maintenance for her lifestyle.  It sounded like the poor thing
would be in a cage from daylight to dusk and then only played with in the
evening.  I bet there would be days when even that wouldn't happen.

Also, pray that I get a ferret from a lady in my town who only owns it
because it was an impulse buy.  She doesn't let the poor thing out quite
enough and lets it interact with a dog that I am afraid is going to hurt
it.  I offered to buy it, but her childish response was, "ITS MINE AND I AM
GOING TO KEEP IT!" It?  Great.  The poor ferret isn't even a living thing
to her.....ho hum....

I really want this poor ferret to have a good home.  She puts it in its
cage and covers it up because it makes too much noise.  I said, "describe
the noise" and she said, "it goes "wook wook wook".  Sounds like a playful
guy who wants to have fun.  I keep trying, and I think she is breaking.
This ferret doesn't bite (it's a snuggly kisser) so there is no chance of
her ever complaining of bites that I could use to get it from her.  I was
thinking maybe one day, she would go, "Oh the darn thing bit me!  You still
want to buy?" but no such luck!!!

I want to give her some literature, but I need to get  something together.
Any suggestions would be helpful....

My ever growing family and me...

April, Luna, Sola, Nutt, and Bridgette...

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup."

http://www.geocities.com/~april_gallaty