Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:40:58 -0400
From:    [log in to unmask]
>Sadie has coarse, thinning hair and figured she has adrenal which the
>vet confirmed.  I asked about getting the vaccinations for Sadie and
>Max for that evening, also.  Our vet said she wouldn't vaccinate a sick
>ferret.  They have enough resistance built up from the other years that
>they wouldn't need any vaccinations any longer.  Is this true?  She said
>that both are terminal, but may have a few years left.

Kudos to your vet!!  You should never vaccinate an unhealthy animal.
While no studies have been done in ferrets, studies in dogs have showed
that vaccines last much much longer than the one year on the label, maybe
even a lifetime.  Taking into consideration that and the fact that both
are unhealthy I would take the advice of your vet.  I don't understand
the terminal part on the one with adrenal though, adrenal problems aren't
necessarily terminal unless there is something else going on that won't
allow treatment.  What is going to be done about the adrenal problem?

  ~Amy~