From:
bronxelf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 02:21:01 -0400
>From:    Jewels118 <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Marshall Farms
>I want to bring to everyone's attention a situation that happened this past
>Friday.  It makes one point, something HAS to be done about marshall farms,
>and the age they are sending their kits tot he stores!  <snip of story for
>space, not content>

Why does this not suprprise me?  When I bought Justin, he was about 6 weeks
old.  A little young, to be sure.  I thought that at the time.  But when I
bought Niko(you all remember Niko, right?  The one that brought ECE home to
my others?  Yes, it *is* ECE, Niko *did* bring it to my house, and Kender is
*still* 1.8 lbs after a month of this nonsense, and now the bills being sent
to Petco are getting higher and higher)so help me, he was no older than 5
weeks.  I have the photos to prove it.  He was never weaned properly.  My
vet couldn't understand how they could even operate on a kit that small.  I
think that it all depends on how many kits are available to leave MF on a
particular week.  They have a quota to make, after all.  If they have enough
older ones, they send those.  But if they fall short, then maybe some of the
younger ones get filled in to meet the demand?  I don't know, but it seems
that the practice of sending the really young ones out is fairly
inconsistent.  I was in a Petco buying cat treats the other day(not the one
in Hartsdale) and they had about 7 ferrets, all older, about 9 weeks I'd say
and looking healthy.  Then some weeks they just get in these tiny itty bitty
babies.  It just doesn't make any sense.

I want to commend you for all you did in saving the lives of those little
ones.  My thoughts are with you.

shaking my head,
elf.
Kender, Justin, Nikodemos and D'Artagnan
the felines Nemesis, Ischade and Holstein
and Judy the wonderkeet.

bronxelf
Dominatrix at Arms and Guild Hall Lieutenant of the Renaissance Mercenaries
Guild.
A.F.R.  Goddess of Steel
http://www.i-2000.com/corwin/axi
"To err is human, to forgive is not our policy."    --Anonymous
"I believe pregnancy is a Sexually Transmitted Disease"- Me.

"I think I need my own satellite."-"Speaker of the Rock the House",
Chucklehead

The creativity of an elf knows no bounds.