From:
Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:23:34 -0400
MF also is the ONLY ferret industry which has sent lobbiests to FIGHT the
8 week age of sale legislation in SEVERAL states ( someone supplied them
the info so they could show up!).

Path Valley Farms ( right form the mouth of the owner) has admitted they
would NOT make 8 week kits available to retailers in states which adopt
8 week age of sale rule- so no they are no better!

MF has reps ( board of directors) on PIJAC who are fighting the USDA
initiative for 8 week sanctions over ferrets sold in pet stores..  I
think that also says a VOLUMES about where their concerns are.

MF vets are NOT on premises, rather they have a practice in the same
state and forward their signatures for documents - yes I did my homework!

Just my honest opinion it is still about the bottom dollar and while the
other ferret mills do figure into the equation - it is Marshall's that
leads the way for retail distribution.

I was also told by MR P Reid (VP) that they no longer re-home the jills
when they have finished using them - I don't imagine he was lying when he
said that 1990's project implemented by Judy Bell was over.

Alicia Drakiotes