From:
D L Lindemann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 09:12:51 EDT
>I have been using ground cord cob as a litter.  I went to the store to get
>more and they were all out so I grabbed a bag of pellets that are made from
>recycled news paper.  Not only is Tilley pooping on it, but she seems to
>think it is part of her diet!  Has anybody else had any problems with their
>fuz faces eating litter?

Been there!!  My girl, Carrey, must have decided that those little pellets
looked an awful lot like her food.  By the time I figured out that she was
eating it, she hadn't pooped for a day or so.  I gave up on the in cage
litter training & now use the litter in the bottom galvanized tray where she
can't get to it & fed her her food with a bit more water in it until she
finally got all the paper pellets out of her system.  My boy, Digger, had no
interest in eating the newspaper litter - but, he found it irresistable to
play & sleep in.

D L Lindemann