From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:44:04 -0400
I should have named Peekaboo differently, should have started to call
her Helen Keller where she is deaf and almost totally blind. She gets
around ok, but runs in to chair legs, doors, or anything else out there
and she hits them hard. So for sure she does not see any of these items
she runs into.

I have watched her tool around the house, she sniffes all the way,
seems to find her way by scent. She seldom lifts her nose far off the
carpet in her travels. I can walk up to her and she has absolutely no
idea I am there even if I am talking to her so she is totally deaf. She
will cring very hard when I reach out and touch her but she uncringes
fast when she figures out that it is me that has her. She is such a
gentle little creature.

Anxious is a typical high energy ferret. She loves to play and will
flank me as I walk. She has to go at a fast trot in her speed to keep
up with my walking. Is nice to hear the pitter patter of those little
feet but I do have to be very careful where I could easily step on her
and do massive damage. She weighs much less than a pound. Is very tiny
for a ferret.

Peekaboo is tiny also. But they both eat well so I guess the weight is
just how they are. Has been a long time since I have had female ferts,
all the last ones were males and normal sized. I am very thankful to
have these little critters.

They both go back to the cage to sleep always and are very good about
using the litter pan. That is new to me! They do make errors but is on
the tile kitchen floor so that is quite fine, easy to clean.

So that is how it is here. Just so everyone knows how they are doing.
If anyone knows more of their history I would be most pleased to hear
of it.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Anxious.

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow Ranch Aviation