From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 1995 12:12:24 EST
Hello everybody--

  I know this subject came up last week, but it has been one hectic
week here in balmy Montreal (sarcasm).  Both Amelia and Cully _love_
cucumbers, and are also fond of carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, and
potato, raw only.  Amelia has at least twice stolen entire cucmbers
from grocery bags-- the sight of a ferret lugging off its cucumber-
prey is worth the loss of the cucumber!  Neither of these guys seem to
like meat either.

   Bob's observation about his declawed ferret's (sorry forgot her
name) different body type, presumably as a result of her having to
use different muscles for jumping about, prompted me to ask this
question.  My two ferrets (so nice to finaly be able to say that, even
if they do hate each other) have very different builds.  Amelia has that
bowling pin figure and shorter legs; combined with her markings, she
looks like a badger.  Cully on the other hand is much more muscular,
with long legs and huge feet; with his sandy sable colour, he looks like
a giant kangaroo rat.  Are ferrets bred for different body types?  I
know that I've heard people mention breeding for head shape-- do the
breeders have any comment?  Amelia is Hagen, and Cully has no tattooes
(BTW, if anyone has any idea where a ferret who is pretty clearly not
Hagen in southern Quebec might have come from, let me know).

  On Kalifornia, spelled with a K: your interpretations may vary, but
my understanding of this spelling, and one that I believe many others
share, is that the K implies that it is a racist, fascist state, like
spelling America Amerika or AmeriKKKa.  Might spring from the Dead
Kennedys song Kalifornia Uber Alles.  Just thought people using the K
should know this.

   One last thing-- Shellie and Moti-Mo: are you in the Montreal area,
by any chance?  I ask because I've seen signs up in the St. Laurent/
Pine area looking for a lost white ferret.  If it isn't Moti-Mo, I
hope wherever that ferret is, it found as welcoming a home as yours.

Regina (nothing clever to say, except if you don't like somebody's
style, then don't read what they write)
Amelia, who we are actually coaching to bite, if you can believe that
Cully, who is the terror of the northern hemisphere, but cuddled for
a good twenty seconds this morning