From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:19:18 EDT
I stayed up until after 2am last night watching the storms.  I was
prepared with a room with radio, blankets, candles, etc, and had a plan
for the animals.  I can't explain it ... but the massive supercell that
hit Huntsville, AL hit Chattanooga dead on but our neighborhood didn't
even see bad lightening.  And it was still pretty strong.  Very strange.
On radar, our area was obliterated.  I sat with a camera and my sons
Easton baseball bat waiting for it (to hit the softball size hail that
was reported in a small town in middle TN).  I'm sorry, you know me,
have to find humor in every aspect of life.  And yesterday was no
different. :)

I'm not just posting to let everyone know that we are okay.  I'm mostly
posting to request that our members post here on the FML to let us know
that THEY are okay.  Julianna Quadrossi and Sharon Beardon come to mind
quickly, as well as Ed and his wife in AL, and various people in TN.  I
think there are still rescuers in northern Alabama (Mark?) and a branch
near Jasper, TN that are still on here.

I'd love to hear from people that they are okay.  I know others on here
would too.

Warmly,
Wolfy

ps, this note is also going to other friends and ferret lists that I
am on.