From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2007 11:16:53 -0500
Yesterday I heard about the worst thing I could ever hear.

Peekaboo and Pester were 'asking' me for another raisin flavored treat
but they had already had one, they get one a day. Yet they follow me
everywhere bobbing their noses off my feet 'asking' for another.

I had finished washing dishes and left the kitchen for the family room,
of course here come Pester and Peekaboo side by side following my
trail. Both were moving quite fast, Pester stopped short of the cage
but Peekaboo being blind ran right into the water jug of the cage. That
is when I hear the very worst thing any ferret owner could hear.

Peekaboo reeled back after colliding with the water jug, put her tiny
paw on her forehead and said " DOH !!!!!!! "

Man!  She is cut off of watching the Simpsons anymore.

She has so limited environmental senses I can walk right up to her,
reach down and touch her and she instantly shudders and gets totally
ridgid in fear not having a clue of that has 'got' her. But she
instantly calms down now where she knows it is me and no harm will
come to her. Such a good little girl! Glad to have her.

Pester is actually getting a bit fat now. She has filled out very
nicely and body tone is right up where it should be. To think they both
were just shells of a fert when I got them, by no fault of their own.
Just how they were kept all their lives until I got them. That has
changed and now they are ripping the place apart in true fert form.
Both are healthy and full of spice and vinegar.

A shelter is the only way to get a ferret. Of the dozen or so I have
had over the years, only two were store bought, and those were the
very first two. I miss them both dearly, as I do all the others.

Gordon, Peekaboo, and Pester

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23111