From:
Kim Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 1996 17:00:08 -0500
Randy B.... you are right about the "head thrown back" thing.  When Val was
a little baby, before I really knew he was deaf, he would stand up on the
wall of his cage and stretch his neck real high like he was trying to touch
the ceiling of his cage with his nose then he would throw his head waaaay
back and fall over.  I hate to admit it but it bacame our entertainment.
"Hurry honey, hes doing it again!" We just thought he was really interested
in something invisible above the cage.  I hadnt noticed if his feet are that
much bigger - hes a pretty hefty young man already.  I will take a closer
look tonight when I get home.  A long time ago on the FML there was some
conversation connecting blazes with Wardenberg (sp?) syndrome.  One of the
primary symptoms was deafness wasnt it?  I havent been able to locate any
back issues with that topic yet.  Does anyone else remember?

Right now I just have to watch him carefully to make sure hes not somewhere
hes not supposed to be, doing something hes not supposed to be doing.( WAIT
A MINUTE did I just say that?) I dont worry that much about discipline with
Val because hes pretty laid back and seems much more interested in anything
Im doing compared to making messes of his own.  Before he gets out of his
cage in the morning he has to "go potty for mommy" I shake my head
backandforth and say No when he tries to fake me out and he seems to
understand.  I also make sure he sees me before I pick him up and I try not
to make too many sudden movements for obvious reasons.  He sure is a booger
to wake up sometimes.  Vals girlfriend...err umm he says I should
restate...Vals WOMAN, a dainty little silver female named Tizzie -and boy is
she- doesnt miss a thing noise-wise.  He wouldnt know if the roof fell in
unless in fell on him!  Funny how they have such different personalities
isnt it?  Gosh I love my ferrets.

Bye for now,
Kim and  Valentine and Tizzie ('cause shes always ina)