From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1992 13:07:31 -0400
FFIRC received an abandonded ferret in our shelter on 6/24/92.  So sad
the small male was found in Fellsmere, Florida - a man told the Humane
Society: "it just followed me down the street".  The poor little guy is
skin and bones - we are bringing him back to normal, healthy, loving ferret
style by feeding him lots of nutrition:  1/3 Kay Tee Ferret Chow, 1/3
Purina Pro Plan Growth Formular and 1/3 Perform Cat Chow (mixed).  He
gets a tiny portion of Linatone once a day for the next 1 1/2 weeks, he
also get various fruits and vegie snacks (not to much yet he needs his
protein) and his altime (seems to be anyway)
RRAISINS.  On Saturday he goes for his vet check-up and his distemper shots
and to check and see if he is strong enough to get his rabies shot at this
time, if not he will get that later.  He has his own cage, "blankies",
hammock, snooze tube (it hasn't arrived yet), and soon a crinkle toy.  He
also has of course a large food bowl and water receptable.  He is doing
so well in potty training that we are all amazed.  He is not allowed to
play with Sweet Sam yet (hasn't been to the vet yet).  Well just though
you would like to be kept up to date  am signing off now:  Chere McCoy
President Ferret Friends of Indian River County.