From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2008 06:30:28 -0800
We are pleased to offer boxed sets of 12 Christmas Cards with FREE
shipping within the U.S.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140283634056

We "hoomans" had it all planned - ferrets in little sweaters and hats,
opening their Christmas Gifts......Camera snapping away. But, THEY
had other ideas - the first of which was to lose the costumes!! Four
ferrets slipped out of sweaters faster than we could set them down and
the last piece of clothing, a hat, was being worn around a waist like
a hoola-hoop!! THEN.....they proceeded to trash our photo set.

What could we do but laugh, and keep clicking, hoping "something" would
be card-worthy?! Out of many pictures, thankfully, little Miss Olivia
came through in a beautiful pose with her little front feet up on the
side of a sleigh and another with her peeking out from behind a toppled
Christmas Tree. So for all our planning and staging, what did we
get?.......Ferrets being ferrets!!

Olivia was born to two "DMK" ferrets back in the day when you might
recall our posts about having 30 newborn kits at the shelter. (when we
learned that no one should ever have 30 ferret babies at one time!!)
Her daddy, "Bob", is now living a spoiled life in Radcliff, KY along
with several ferret friends. Her mommy, "Sharkie", is living in
Nashville, TN where two wonderful and dedicated parents have literally
given blood in order to teach her to trust humans. She has evolved from
a "chainsaw with fur" to a ferret who walks in the leaves on a harness
and shares cooked chicken with her daddy!! Little Miss Olivia is just
all full of attitude........she will climb up the side of another group
of ferrets two story FN cage, given them a good piece of her mind, POOF
ON THEM, and then climb down, just to have her say!!! (sigh......where
did we go wrong?!)

How happy we are, two years after the initial "DMK" phone call was
made, that no more ferrets are facing another winter outside and that
so many share similar happy endings as Sharkie, Bob and Olivia!!

100% proceeds from the sale of these cards benefit the shelter ferrets!
We are currently working towards raising funds for 11 full dentals on
recent rescues from Indiana.

Special thanks to our photographer, Tammi M and to Clark & Riggs
Printing!! Your generosity will help many ferrets!!

Shelter Mom Jerri
The Ferret Haven
Louisville, KY
www.theferrethaven.org