Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:14:06 -0500
Hi!
My wife and I have just joined the mailing list and are, to be honest, awed
by it.  It really is reassuring to see that ferret owners are so supportive
of each other.  Anyway, we have finally decided on adopting a ferret.  The
trouble is, we can't seem to locate any shelters in our area (we live about
an hour away from St. Louis, MO).  That leaves the pet stores.  Today we
visited two, and the ferrets there seemed healthy and personable.

Nonetheless, I must ask for any advice you have on adopting ferrets.  I'm
sure you get deluged with such requests, and I beg for a bit of patience for
us 'newbies'.  Do pet store ferrets make good pets?  Has anyone encountered
any problems with pet store ferrets?

Are male ferrets more aggressive?

Also, what size cage would be appropriate for a single ferret?  Is a cage
better than an aquarium?

We have read the famous Ferret FAQ, and it answered many of our questions.
We would, however, be grateful for any individual advice, as you all seem to
have the most experience!

We cannot express how excited we are about adopting and we look forward to
corresponding with you.

Thank you all in advance!!!

Dan and Karen ([log in to unmask])