From:
Dave++ Ljung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 10:21:01 MDT
|From:    Michelle Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
|Coffee is home safe and sound, if rather smelly and dirty.

Yea!  :)

|From:    Charlene M Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
|Subject: Kitchens
|
|One quick note on ferretproofing kitchens.  Ours is now ferret proof ...

Hee hee!  I'd like to hear that in a month from now....
I've never known a person to outsmart a ferret - the best way to ferret
proof a room is to make sure that they don't care about ruining anything
you care about!  :)

*grin*

|From:    Rick Lemker <[log in to unmask]>
|Subject: Biting little ratfink
|  Since then, he's clamped down on the landlord, a friend, and a ferret
|owning ferret-sitter.  Lately, I'm the only one he won't bite.

That happened to me as well - my first ferret was a serious biter, and
we came to an agreement that he couldn't bite me anymore.  Unfortunately,
he continued to bite other people.  Everything got better when I started
telling other people how to handle him.  The best trick is to yell 'ow'
and stop petting them or whatever you were doing - then they realize that
they hurt you.  In general, ferrets aren't trying to hurt when they bite,
but they don't realize that are skin is much softer than the leather that
covers their bodies (watch two baby ferrets playing, they will inflict
bites that could chop off our fingers! ;).  Anyways, after doing that for
a while, my tubular-rat doesn't bite anymore - the last person he bit was
my first girlfriend, and in the end he turned out to be a better judge
of character than I.  ;)

Have a good,

Dave

|From:    "Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
|Subject: Re: Max, ferret meeting, etc.
|Dave, I just wanted to say Good luck to Max, I am glad to hear he is doing so
|well.  While I was up at Dr. Bocks with a rescue ferret I peeked in and said
|Hi to him, he is just soooo cute.

Thanks - I let him know :)

He seems to be doing well these days - his same old lazy self.

I'll let everyone know how it all turns out - it's looking positive for now.

Sag, Kodi The Bear, Cinder The Cat, Max (in R&R), Dave