Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 12:59:33 EST
To Andi & Todd re:Snitch--hmmm....I have 3 ferrets; Ralph and Norman are great
buddies and partners in crime; Ralph and Cinderella seem to be in love; but
Norman is just too rough on Cinderella.  So part of the time Ralph and
Cinderella are together and Norm is by himself; and part of the time Ralph and
Norm are together and Cinderella is by herself. They are never caged, so they
either have the run of the house or are in a room with a cat companion or 2.
This way they each have a ferret to play with, but no one is stressed out by
being attacked. I just gave up on trying to get Norman to get along with
Cinderella and I think this works better. Hope you come up with a good solution!

Re: legalizing ferrets in Mass--I forget who brought this up and said they
would like to work on the bill next year--ideally I'd like to see a clause
saying that ferrets couldn't be sold in pet stores (or, I wouldn't mind seeing
that they couldn't be sold in Mass at all, but could be kept as pets.) This way
people would have to put some effort into it if they wanted one, and the
shelters wouldn't end up with lots of impulse purchases that people got tired
of. I hope you will at least consider this if you work on the bill for next
year (and I'm guessing there would be more support for this from some people
who currently oppose legalization). I'm sure the shelters in RI and NH and CT
and NY could easily supply anyone in Mass. with a ferret who wants one!

--Cinderella, Norm & Ralph's mom in Mass.