From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 13:20:15 -0700
>From:    "Jennifer D. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Olive Oil & Witch Hazel
>Olive oil will act as a hairball preventative, I think.

Hairball remedies to work have to be non-digestible oils.  Olive oil is
digestible so it really won't help too much there.  Ferrets can digest
these plant oils but they just aren't the 'right' formula for their needs.
The rest of your post sure sounded right to me.

>Zen:
>I'll talk to my vet about Galaxy-D for Cara Mia.  I had the impression
>(don't remember where from) that it hadn't been proven to be effective...
>but I'd rather try it than not get her vaccinated.

It hasn't been proven effective.  But since the one that has can't be
used, you don't have as many options.   You may have heard from me among
other sources that it hasn't been tested.

Well re-introduce us to Cara Mia, haven't seen her since she left Sally's
obviously.  Well knowingly seen her.

>From:    Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Response to Krys
>Not too many breeders would want their ferrets mistaken with MF ferrets.

Except that Marshall Ferrets are worth more in the wholesale market, there
are ranches/wholesalers that do try to sell their ferrets as Marshall
ferrets to get higher sale prices.  Some do imitate the two dot tattoo.
Marshall is far from angelic but i'd wager a good number of the incomplete
spays and other problematic ferrets are fake Marshalls.  The extra toe dot
was added to help slow this problem.  The two dots were never a registered
trademark or anything so anyone could put two dots in the ears of ferrets.

>Not that MF ferrets are bad, but it is difficult enough to track ferrets
>that you have bred let alone ones you haven't.

If a wholesaler is cheesy enough to fake the dots for a higher sales price
do you really think they are going to care about tracking the ferrets?  I
really don't think thats a factor.

b&d
--
bill and diane killian