From:
Joyce Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 14:35:01 -0600
Yay, I finally did it....
I received HSUS's annual calendar and donation request in the mail the other
day, and this morning i sent off my reply.  I told them that although I
appreciate the calendar and applaud much of the work they've done for other
species, I had decided to cancel the financial donation I'd planned, due to
their continued anti-ferret efforts in CA.  I said that as long as they
support the criminalization of ferrets, I cannot support them.....I think I
also said something about ferrets having been grossly misrepresented by
organizations such as HSUS...

It was interesting - on the please-send-us-money-to-help-the- animals
letter they sent, they mention one of their goals includes....oh, what
was their wording?....well, something about dog bites.  They don't even
mention ferret bites, but consider ferrets so evil that they must be
outlawed?

Ah well, just wanted to share...

    -joyce (Ha! I'm finally writing a protest letter!)
    - Seth the Amazing Wonder Ferret (use the other pen to sign it. I
like the way this one tastes.)