From:
Ken Nyren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:28:23 -0400
I did a Google search for ferret bites because I was looking for the
statistics I had read about a year ago.  Imagine my surprise when the
6th item in the Google search was titled "Ferrets - A New Menace To
Public Health" Here is a link to the article
http://www.epi.hss.state.ak.us/bulletins/docs/b1986_9.htm

Granted this article is dated June,6 1986 but, it is a State of Alaska
Bulletin that is still easily accessible.  This Bulletin is filled with
obvious errors and reads like something out of the onion (Satirical
Newspaper).  If this were your only source for ferret info you would
expect every ferret to have fire dancing in their eyes, foam and blood
dripping from their mouths and to be laying in wait to attack the next
baby that ventured into their domain.  Oh and you better lock your doors
because the feral population is multiplying faster than mosquitoes.

I think we should all take a minute or two out of our day to send an
email to Joel Gilbertson [log in to unmask] , Alaska
Health and Human Services Commissioner, and ask him to remove Bulletin
No. 9 titled Ferrets - A New Menace To Public Health from their official
website.  This is the most outlandish thing I have found about ferrets
on the web.

Ken Nyren

Ken Nyren, 15/6/2005