From:
Monica Istvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 14:23:21 -0600
To:  Anon@bitnet
RE:  "THAT BOUNCING GRENADE-THING"
It's called BUMBLE BALL.  Call Toys "R" Us. They retail it in Canada for
$19.99.  It's a hilarious toy!  My only concern is that it is designed for
human children with lesser chewing abilities than our fuzzies.

*(I'be been saving up my thoughts for a bit - bear with me!  Sorry BIG
guy...get it?  Bill, feel free to edit the mundane stuff - I tried to pick
the top 10)*

RE:  SETTING UP AN ASSOCIATION
Haven't had any FMLers reply in Calgary, but I know there are folks here
interested in organizing again.  Does anyone have any "guidelines" (or good
folks to refer me to?) for setting up an Ass'n or shelter in Canada?  (i.e.
suggestions for functions, newsletters, fundraisers, acceptable membership
rates?  Structure?)  If we did set up a shelter - [we may not have to because
the local Humane Society hasn't had any fuzzies for a long time (this is
GOOD! =))], but we could always organize a "foster parents" network instead.
How about an adoption questionaire?

RE:  FUNNY NAMES
My first ferret was named "Switch" by his original mom because of his ability
to be "on" (awake) one moment and "off" (asleep) the next

RE:  LICKING THE SALTY STUFF
Barnie used to do that!  Watch the crook of your elbow, it was his favourite
spot (and tender too -yeow!  :o )

RE:  ISSUE 1112 TROY LYNN WROTE ABOUT FOOD VARIETY
Careful here, for some or our friends introducing a variety of foods to them
can encourage finicky eating habits and GI upset.

RE:  CALIFORNIA LAWS
For those of us living north of the 49th, could someone send an address for
us to mail our thoughts in support of the proposed legislation?  Perhaps the
support of others in the USA and abroad might be useful.

RE:  MORE NEAT FUZZY STUFF
Hooray for the ferret earrings!!!!  I have also seen in a Canadian Crafts
Catalogue (Mary Maxim) an ad where they will transpose your favourite photo
(fuzzy or otherwise) into a cross-stitch pattern!

RE:  DENTAL CLEANINGS
Just a thought for those of you contemplating dental work for your babies.
Barnie needed his teeth done every six months.  Most of you folks out there
probably know how expensive *that* was!  Has anyone seen a *really* tiny
toothbrush for my new girls?  (I would't put my finger in there!  Tash and
Brad, you know what I mean!)  One suggestion given to me was to take some
heavy-duty skizzors and trim a baby toothbrush, but won't that give the
bristles sharp edges which may scratch the kids' gums?

RE:  IN ISSUE 1107 LIZ SCHWINDT WROTE ABOUT *THE* CAGE
I bought one years ago, and it was $350!  Bravo Liz!  I have, however, in the
last few years seen a lower quality (and cheaper) model on the market.  Mine
is called "Mr. Pet" (don't ask - it's made in Japan).  I have fashioned more
than a 10 shelves, ($35CDN per shelf if you want to buy them), to give them
play levels with just a little hole for them to get up through (just in case
they play too vigorously and fall the 4 feet to the ground floor!)

Hugs to all!

Mo, The Terrible Two and the Kitty Krew