From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 22:26:43 EDT
Hi gang

Okay here is the situation.  I took my old sable named Smokey to the vet
today and I asked about Lupron.  My Vet is Dr, Patty McCormick and Dr.
Patty hadn't heard of it by that name.  She asked what family of drugs was
in from and I told her I didn't know but I wondered if it wasn't like
Interferon (SP?) Something that helps build up the immune system or so I
think.  She asked me to find out more and so here I am posting this to
the rest of the FMLers out there.

I also took in our 4 year old European Angora named Saber.  Saber is a long
hair Albino from Sweden...(ja, sure, you betcha) AND Yes he does have an
attitude.  I don't mind it in the least as that sets him a cut above in
Ferretdom as I see it.  Anyway, Saber has been losing some weight (about 5
ozs or so) in the last 2 months.  Saber has had an annual attack of "Rat"s
Tail" ever since we got him.  It goes bald for about 2 months and then
Bamm!!!  Back again it grows.  Well now he is losing hair on his rump and
lower back.  Dr. Patty suspects it may be adrenal, but she has seen about 7
or 8 cases in the past three months were ferrets have under gone a huge
hair loss and it turned out to be some kind of a rapid shedding and that
was all.  She said to watch him for about 4 weeks to see if there is any
improvement or if he develops any more symptoms.  So here we are ferret
watching again....LOL!!!!!,

Well if anyone out there can tell me what family and perhaps a generic name
for Lupron, then I will pass the info on to my vet, She is a very dedicate
to ferrets.  She has had three of her own over the years and knows
firsthand how these liil' carpetmonsters act and how important they are to
their human companions.  So you'll be doing alot of good for the ferts of
N.  Nevada by providing whatever info you can.  The more complete, the
better.  Thanks a Heap!!!!  All of our prayer to all the sick/injuried
ferts and their humans!!!!!

And above all....Stay Fuzzy Folks

Fred hurd