From:
Crys Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:22:38 -0500
We are new ferret owners.  We recently adopted two male ferrets whose
people had to move to another state.  We were told that the oldest was only
about three years old, but after living with him for three weeks, I think
he may be older.  He is very thin, frail, and seems to have lost weight.
He seems to be happy otherwise, although he does sleep an awful lot.

Is there any way to determine age in a ferret?  I have been searching
through FAQ's and other resources to see if his behavior is normal, if
there is anything I should be doing for him, etc.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?  He is a sweet fuzzy and we want to help him be as
comfortable as possible.

I think I will be taking him to the Vet this week, but if any veteran
ferret owners have any advise, information, or suggestions, we would be
most thankful.

Crystal Christian
Communications/Indian Studies