Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 01:18:09 -0800
Dooks All ~!~!

I'm hoping for some positive energy, good thoughts, and prayers for one
of my kids.  Cinnabon had an accident tonight and had to be rushed to the
emergency vets.

I have kinda like a picket fence in front of the closet to keep the kids
out.  Normally there is no problem.  Tonight was different.  Tonight I
was stupid enough to leave a pail of litter a few feet from the fence.

Cinna must have jumped from the bucket to try and get over the fence.
Instead he landed BETWEEN the posts (only 1' apart).  I was out of the room
at the time.  I returned to find him hanging from the fence, he had caught
it just below his rib cage.  He had been there at most, 5 minutes.  He was
wedged in their pretty well.  I removed him and he appeared in shock.
After a few seconds he came around.  There were no obvious injuries and I
could not feel any broken bones.

After a few minutes he wanted to get down.  I layed him on the floor and he
walked okay, then started to spit up blood.  I called a friend to bring us
to the vets.  I kept cuddled close in my jacket while we waited.  As we
left for the vets I noticed a pool of blood on the floor, my shirt, my
pants.  He was bleeding from the anus.

The vet examined him and sounded hopeful.  She said the blood was most
likely due to colitis brought on by the stress.  He still seemed to have
good circulation, was not going into shock and did not appear to be
'bleeding out'.  They sound hopeful.

Cinna will be remaining at the vet overnight for observation and fluids
if he needs them.  I'm going to be spending the night ripping out the
!#@$*#&^% fence and finding something safer to replace it with.

--
Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~