From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 11:16:54 -0500
>Pet shop housing - I feel the best way to display ferrets is in an all wire
>care or cat condo behind a plexiglass wall/room.  Many pet shops have an
>area they display puppies and kittens in, and that is where ferrets should
>be displayed...

Thanks Pam.  I saw a great display at Pet World here in Framingham
yesterday.  They have their front window set up like a display in a
department store, and from it they have an overhead tunnel leading to a
large central cage area.  Made up of wire with plexiglass at approriate
places.  Right now it is filled with cats, many former strays, which they
have been adopting out to suitable owners.  Pretty much they have they run
of hte store via the overhead tunnel to verious locations, while the public
gets a chance to see them from several different areas.  They plan to add
ferrets I am sure, as soon as we get past March 7th, and they can get the
legal business taken care of.  I understand that several stores are going to
see about either a breeders license to be shared amongst several locations,
or perhaps a change in the law as well to allow sale before the rabies
vaccination at 12 weeks.

At the moment Sharon is putting together a demonstration at the State House
on March 7th from 10:45 to 11:45, lunch time.  Bud Jackson is handling it
for us, he was the one that got all that coverage for us before.  This time
Gov Weld will get to see ferrets as he had asked for before, and also Bud
seems to think it will be even easier to attract the media.  Opportunities
for cute animal pictures and all.  No flies on Sharon.

Concerning your offer, I passed it on and people seem interested.  I think
that you said that the date is March 23rd ???  What is the location in New
Jersey, and how do I get there ???

Was great to see both you and Jack, never enough time to talk though.

                                        - Bill