From:
"Reed, Melinda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:59:20 -0500
Thought I would update the list on the little lady who is in heat that I
requested information for.  I called today and checked on her and it seems
the people who have her are going to take her to the vet because they
couldn't find a hob for her.  I am relieved and told them again of the
problems with breeding ferrets and expenses they can run into.  At least I
can sleep a little easier knowing they won't just let her die.

I was willing to take her and have something done myself.  I really
appreciate all the responses and offers of help from those on this list.  I
knew where to come for help.  It is nice to know there are friends close by,
especially Bill and Diane Killian who take some a blastings sometimes.  We
should continue on this list to keep one goal in mind - ferret health,
treatment, care, homes, and awareness to the public.  Without this list (A
BIG thank you to BIG), I wouldn't know a thing about taking care of the one
of the most precious animals that has given me such joy!

Oh, one more thing.  My big, shy guy Tigger had his hidey hole cleaned out
by my college student on spring break (it was under her bed).  He is sooooo
upset!  I feel so sorry for him.  He just looks pitiful, like all of his
hard work is gone.  I just want to cry for him.  I am sure it won't take
long for him to re-collect some things.  He is so funny about his stash.
You see him streaking down the hallway with something in his mouth and you
know he has found a gold mine!

Mindy with . . . . .Whiskers, Tiny, Cocoa and Tigger