From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:29:12 -0500
Mike has helped literally thousands of ferret people with his work here,
his incredible work on the FHL and http://www.miamiferret.org
which has even been used in veterinary journals, and elsewhere.

His surgery was an extremely major one, a type that only a few surgeons
can even do, but he is now out of ICU.  Please, send your cards, letters,
flowers, balloons, etc.  Mood is an important component of healing and
this is he perfect time to say "Thank you" for having answers, having a
place to ask your questions, and having a friend when you are in need.
Please, cheer up Mike by using this snail mail route instead of
overloading his email.  Use snail mail.  The last thing he will need
when he gets home would be a computing crash.

Besides, if they decide he's a celebrity maybe he'll get a food
upgrade. ;-)

Here is the latest message from Wanda:

Good morning everyone,
Mike is doing very well.  The doctors continue to be pleased with his
progress.

They moved Mike out of ICU yesterday; and in and out of several more
rooms since then, which was stressful, but well worth it in the end,
because late last night they were finally able to move us into a private
room.  We are in a nice quiet room where Mike can get the quiet and rest
he needs and I can come and go any time of the day or night without
having to check in with anyone first.  We are right across from the
nurse's station and they have all been wonderful and taking great care
of him.

The ICU nurse helped me get him out of bed once yesterday and he walked
about 15 or 20 feet, but the doctor really wants me to push him today.
So I just came home briefly to pick up a few things and I'm heading back
to Mike, but I wanted to take a minute to let you know that he's is doing
very well and in good spirits.

Thank you all for your phone messages and email.  A lot of you have
been asking, and I can now tell you that for the duration of his stay
the room is:

Jackson Memorial Hospital
West Wing, Room 1011
1611 NW 12th Avenue