From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:03:26 -0500
Sara--
I think my main question for you as a shelter operator would be how you
handle visitors and adopters.  Are they educated on ADV, the questions
about how it is spread, and the different possible presentations in
exposed/infected ferrets?  Do any visitors come, or at least leave, knowing
how to disinfect just in case?  Are they offered the opportunity to pay for
their own test prior to adoption, especially with the option of the new
quick test?  I think the thing I would find unconscionable in a shelter (or
breeder) would be failure to share knowledge of the disease and disclose
whether or not the ferrets have been tested (along with any results).  My
two cents, actual dollar value may be lower.

Debra in Fort Worth