Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:13:55 -0400
Several years ago, I had a severe fungal infection on my hand that my mom
and a doctor both referred to as "flesh rot"--probably because of the
nasty appearance of my skin/flesh due to the infection.  So flesh rot in
this case could be just a generic term for a skin infection of some sort
and not necessarily genuine necrotizing flesh--you might want to get more
information from the vet as to exactly what they meant.  I picked up my
infection while working in a salamander behavior research lab, where we
had quite a fine variety of molds and fungi floating around, since they
like the same sorts of conditions as salamandars do, but there are
probably all sorts of ways to pick up skin infections.  And for what it's
worth, my infection did not travel from me to anyone else, not even my
boyfriend at the time.  But again, a medical professional would have a
better perspective on this than me.  Anyway, hope this was helpful.

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
http://www.channel1.com/users/regina/
blog: http://www.channel1.com/users/regina/zblog.html

Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let s not go into that.  You re not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right.
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister