Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 16:42:34 -0400
Sara Ferret,

Please check on my beautiful dark sable with the "teddy bear" face".
Jenny, was helped to the Bridge on Saturday night after a hard 2-week
battle with congestive heart failure.  It was finally decided that she
needed to know that it was okay to leave for the Bridge to join Duchess
and Tyler.  I told Jenny all about the Bridge before we left for the
vet's office and she actually seemed to have a few minutes of easier
breathing.

Jenny was adopted in 1999 at an age of between 6 months to 1 year.  She
was a very dark sable with the most beautiful white muzzle, giving her
the look of a teddy bear.  Jenny always set her own schedule as to when
she wanted to get up, go to bed, play or just hang out.  She was always
in the room with the other ferrets, but many times you would not even
notice her.  If she wanted to play, she would grab the toe of my sock and
hang on for dear life.  Jenny took everything in stride from ear cleaning
to nail clipping to testing out new recipes for duck soup.  She endured
several ferret costume contests, where she was dressed like a "Black-eyed
Susan" and a bunch of "May flowers" that follow the April Showers (her
brother, Tyler).  She did many Education Days with me because of her
sweet disposition.  As I look back over the six years that Jenny filled
my life, I realize that Jenny never took center-stage, but was always
there in the wings.  She wasn't shy, just didn't need all the limelight.
Now that she is gone, I realize that she should have been in the center
ring of our ferret circus for all her lovely quiet little tricks she did
and the sweetness of her nature.

"Jenny, my sweet little muffin, I want you to know that you will always
hold a special place in my heart for your sweet patient nature.  Please
know, my Jenny, that you are missed in a very special way - testing new
soup recipes; waiting to have your nails clipped after I finished with
Tobey; looking for your N-Bone snack once a week; standing by the back
door as I was going to the laundry room, knowing that I would give you
a treat to distract you from running out; and many more little ways you
let me know you were there.

Play, run, dook and war dance with joy at the Bridge my little one as you
deserve all the best for all the joy you gave me.  Until we meet again -
Phyllis (your loving mommy)"