From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 11:39:17 -0500
AOL users do not have access to IRC, at least not as far as I've been able
to figure.  AOL does a pretty good job of allowing only partial internet
access.  There is no FTP, no IRC.  I'm not trying to flame AOL, I love the
service and use it often.  I wouldn't miss a ferret chat on Saturday night
for anything!  I've counted at least 15 people on the FML that are also on
AOL, I wouldn't be suprised if there are many, many more.  If you are going
to reschedule, why don't yoiu try for Monday or Tuesday evening.

Ferret Travel:
We took Molly in the car 2 days post-surgery, to my mother's for
Thanksgiving.  We set her up in a smallish cage, with littler box, hammock,
food and water.  The hammock seemed to help absorb some of the bumps and
vibrations.  She spent most of the ride asleep, and didn't seem to mind at
all.  There were no problems at all.  We stopped quickly for a rest
(bathrooms, food, drinks) and left her sleeping in a blanket in the hammock
in the car.  She didn't even wakeup until we came back in the car and she
smelled the french fries!!

-Mrs. Duck