From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 1995 00:01:22 -0500
Oscar, our 8.5 year old ferret with cardiomyopathy passed away today whi le
undergoing anesthesia for drainage of fluid buildup in his abdomen.
Apparently, as often happens with heart patients, his heart could not take the
strain of anesthesia.  Perhaps if we had been faster or less thorough at
removing the fluid, he would have pulled through like he had on other
occasions.  He was a fine ferret who had a lot of trouble getting around near
the end because of the fluid, and we will miss him very much.  I posted him at
the clinic and he was in advanced heart failure with an adrenal neoplasm -
even in death, he gave much more than he asked for - he gave us the gift of
knowledge.

It is sad around the house tonight, but it also makes me think about som
ething else that makes the FML so special - tonight I also share a bond with
so many others on the FML that have lost their friends recently - Peter, Amy,
Troy Lynn, Pam, Linda, and so many of you out there I can't remember them all.
It's a form of camaraderie that you won't find anywhere else.  I know that all
of you understand what Colleen and I feel tonight and thanks for your support.

I've got to go take the dogs out, but I'll come back and try to catch up with
my backlog of questions.

Bruce Williams