From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 19:38:17 -0400
Oh, my gosh, my gosh!

What a surprise!

Thank you so very, very much Linda, Marguerite, Debbie, Mark, Suzanne,
and Angela!

I've never gotten anything Mothers Day before (except from someone once
who got very sad when I had to have my hysterectomy and ovectomy), so
having two days of Mothers Day cards from ferret people and ferrets just
feels so GOOD!  And what a surprise!  I've been barely having time to
breathe recently and these got me so happy I cried!

BTW, I've had some other good news.  I can try walking now on level
grassy surfaces, just no inclines or declines.  It's with braces, of
course, but I can actually do it without a cane.  Our condo management
is just fine with my doing it, too, so that is good.  AND I have
permission to use some exercise equipment I hadn't been able to use
again.

More good news: we had two friends make it though surgery fine, one of
whom wasn't expected to make it.

And yet more good news: Sherman who got very dangerously ill last
weekend is responding very well to his changes in meds which is a real
relief.  Poor little weasel has a lot wrong with him but he's trying
and so are we!

(I needed those cards; I was so angry over the tortures that I'd just
placed calls saying that if Rumsfeld isn't out without benefits then Bush
should resign because we aren't Nazis and we aren't barbarians so we
can't close our eyes to the horrors or their having been ignored after
apparently being reported to the Administration by the Red Cross 8 months
before now, but must demand accountability because if we ignore this then
perhaps we deserve to be split up and occupied as happened to Germany.
Yep, I don't get angry very often at all, and it takes a LOT to get me
angry, but I let our politicians know that I am angry and I got REALLY
angry.  Believe me, I NEEDED those cards!  Thank you so very, very, very,
very much!  They are lovely!  And the petals are pretty as can be and
will go by my kalidoscope.  And I love the award.  And the magnet is on
the fridge.)

Yeah, I am tired tonight.  It was a big PT day for me.