From:
Trish Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:23:44 -0700
The biopsy results on the tissue mass came back and Merry has been
diagnosed with Lymphoma.  It has gone into the mesentery (spelling?) and
it's likely to reoccur.  The vet told me my best option is chemotherapy
and possibly a chance for a cure.  Or prednisone if she had a bad reaction
to the chemo.  We are going to discuss it in more detail later.  We can
bring her home tomorrow.

I am going to research and read up on Lymphoma.  This vet has been
extremely patient and is paying close attention to Merry s progress in
recovery.  They said she s very alert and giving them a bit of trouble
with the feedings I think she s telling them she wants to come home.
Now that we know what we re dealing with the vet is able to give me more
definite answers and is discussing quality of life with me.  That is
what's most important to us.  I want her to get the treatment, but I don't
want her to be in pain or get really sick from it.  The vet said we would
be able to see how the 1st chemo session goes and that will start in 2
weeks or so.  I will send an update this weekend and let everyone know
how Merry s doing.  Pippin & Zira were looking for her this morning and
even though they have to be kept separate I m going to let them see her
through the cage so they know she s home and safe!

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone for listening and sending well
wishes our way.  So looking forward to this homecoming :-)

Trish ~ Merry, Pippin & Zira