From:
karen vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 20:15:10 -0400
The human proclivity to attach meaning to meaningless events leads me to
announce a positive effect of the recent tragedy:

ALL MY FERRETS GOT VACCINATED AT ONCE!!  (No pussyfooting around-no matter I
now owe the vet 1000 dollars for ferrets that were abandoned by their
owners!)

I HAVE A NEW APPRECIATION FOR MY NEIGHBOR!!  (He could've said the ferret
nicked him with a tooth or licked him on open skin when he ran into his
house last month.  He would not have known WHICH ferret, and they may ALL
have died!  But that didn't happen!  THANK YOU!)

My heart is heavy for the entire recent episode--but I understand-and the
rabies studies MUST be undertaken for all strains in all companion animals
so this won't happen again.  Wish I could do it!!

Karen