From:
Kalaine Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:12:10 PDT
Hi everyone,
This is Kalaine the mommy of Jezzy, and Taz.  The girls are doing well.  We
went to NY and the girls are happy to be home.  They only have one room to
play in at the in-laws.

Anyway, I was loading the girls into the truck in the travel cage, this
weekend, and my neighbor came out and was like "Boy you take them
everywhere don't you?"  I said of course they need their playtime.  I can't
keep them locked up all day.

He then asked if I had talked to his dad.  (This guy is in his
mid-twenties)  I said yes, your dad asked me if I wanted your ferret.  I
told him what I am telling you.

I really wish I could take her.  She is about 1.5 yrs old.  Jezzy and Taz
had ECE last X-mas, and they are still contagious, also I live in a one
bedroom apt.  I wouldn't be able to afford a third fuzzy.  I am saving up
for future medical problems for the girls.  The ECE killed my bank account.

He said he leaves her in the cage all day.  And he barely has enough time
to let her out bec.  he is so tired.  He wanted to know if I could find a
place that would make sure she would be put into a good home.  So here is
my question.

I live in Plainsboro, NJ.  That is near Princeton (exit 8A).  Does anyone
know of a shelter near here?  I would really appreciate any info.  Number
or address.

I wish I could take care of her until I find a shelter.  I just wouldn't
want to make her sick.

My husband said I can't rescue all the animals in the world.  He knows how
I get.  That is how we got Jezzy.  I rescued her from a bad pet store.
They had her in wood shavings up to her neck, and she couldn't eat the food
in her bowl.  She was too tiny.  I took my husband to the store and he got
tears in his eyes when he saw her.  She started dooking so loud like please
don't leave me.  So he picked her right out of the glass cage (it looked
like a small square fish tank) and wouldn't even let them put her in a box.
We had taken her to our vet and they told us to take her back to the store,
she was too small.  I said they will just leave her there until someone who
didn't know much bought her.  Everyone was surprised she made it.

Sorry to ramble and change the topic.  I would appreciate any info on
shelters near me.  I hate thinking of that little ferret in a cage all
day long.

Thanks in advance
Kalaine, Jezzy-belle and Taz-arina