Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:11:43 -0500
>From:    Alayne Avery <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: OT - puppy housebreaking update...

This is an Off-Topic but I will reply.  We got a Jack Russell pup in
December.  She's coming up 10 months old the end of this month.  Jack
Russell are very smart dogs but also quite 'bossy'.  Juju was not
completely potty trained until she was 6 months old.  She was crated,
I restricted the food and water, but NOTHING seemed to work.

Maybe the dog needs more time.  Some breeds are more honorary then
others.  It's not something that happens overnight.  It will take time.
If the puppy is going in a certain area of the house/room try putting a
puppy pad down.  I did that at the front door because she was going on
the rug there.  She would then go on the pap.

On to another side... Juju is a purebred, register JRT.  They are very
hyper and active dogs.  She has been raised with my ferret and still does
not do well.  When he is running, she is crated because Bartok is older
(7y/o) and Juju just wants to play a little too rough with him.  Not all
dogs are good with ferrets.  I definitely would not recommend JRT to
families with ferrets.  I have no problems but an accident could happen
if not prevented!

Good luck with the potty training...I know how tiresome it gets.  I would
definitely restrict the food and water after 7pm and continue with the
crate training.