From:
"William A. Killian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 12:17:20 -0400
>From:    Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Colloidal Silver
>From what ya'll have posted over the years, it seems like a wonder medicine
>for ferts and humans alike.

Some like it.  Others of us leave it in the category of "medicines" that
have not been tested by the FDA.  If it is as amazing as the proponents
claim how come it has never been tested?

>From:    Sherrie Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: playing catch-up
>AFA vs. NEW ORG.
>hmmm...how 'bout like what the NRA has, for example?  It has a branch called
>ILA- Institute for Legislative Action.

Diane Rogers has been designated as the nominee to chair the legislative
committee.  Please address any questions to her at
[log in to unmask] or through the AFA office (1-888-FERRET1) Is
there a reason it should be more seperated?  The NRA is far more involved in
high scale political operations than the scope of the NRA originally.  If
this committe grows enough (which means more of you folks volunteering) than
a seperation for tax purposes might be necessary.  Lobbyist groups have a
different tax code than educational or other charity organizations.  The key
here is that not enough people actually follow through and volunteer.  So
how about it?

>From:    Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Marshall Farms, and intelligent idea, I think

Keeping ferrets in the completely different environments that 300 different
homes would offer isn't necessarily gonna cut it.  Since lighting is one of
the areas of concern they need the same lighting.  Perhaps if you put one
ferret from each source at each location you could use this sort of
spreading.

>From:    Tatia Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MF and "Early Kill" and ECE

Long ago MF offered to put the retired breeders into the shelter system if
they were given as small fee.  Every placed breeder is a loss of a kit sale
in their eyes.  It was rejected by the particular shelters involved - they
wanted free ferrets.  There is no reason something couldn't be arranged but
we have to realize that the current system is already full of shelters
complaining they are over loaded (some at 6 ferrets or less) and if the MF
retirees are introduced that load will more than double.

One problem that we've seen is that in what should be a negotiation too
often the "ferret community - represented by self chosen spokesmen" are
demanding and not negotiating.  It has to be open if you want to succeed.
Both sides will have to give on some issues.

>From:    Cheryl Bott <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Marshall Farms

Nice post.  There was a problem in the quoting that made it look like you
were sayiong what Alphachi had said.  I hope no one was confused.  You
brought up the very good point that MF has remained in business for a long
time and has grown their business which points out that much of what they do
is good business practices.

>Most Breeders (small) were so backed up with requests....they don't even
>call you back.

We've probably been somewhat guilty of that ourselves.  Thats the problem
with so called "hobby" businesses.  There is no money in just breeding
ferrets at the small scale.  They just have too low a price unless you
charge those apparently outrageous prices.  Some that charge that much have
no justification while others do.  We've seen some rather poor quality
ferrets passed off as fancy sounding colors but were just run of the mill
ferrets.  While others have a long track record of success at breeding for
quality.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
mailto:[log in to unmask]  mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.zenferret.com/