From:
Nancy Hartman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1992 11:30:54 -0500
Subject:  Ferret List Issue 363

> Does anyone have a list of ferret shelters/breeders for NJ, NY or PA?
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>                                 - Mike Declerck

Are you the person who posted to Usenet?  If so, you should have
reminded me that I promised you a reply.  I have very good intentions,
but often don't have time to implement them, and simply forget.
Sorry....

We have around 30 in our shelter right now, its in DE, but its pretty
close to I-95, between Wilmington and Newark:

The Delaware Valley Ferret Shelter
Steve Krouse - 302 633-1308 (most ferrets located here)
Cindy Sooy, Shelter Director - 302 738-0115
Nancy Hartman - 215 255-4436 (I don't have much to do with the shelter,
but I'll give my number for people to put on their records.  I do
occasionally do pick ups, and I'll answer any questions.)

Montgomery County Ferret Rescue
Hatfield, PA
Desiree Kehr - 215 368-3906
She used to have a *LOT* of shelter ferrets, but due to a back injury
was supposed to be cutting down.  I don't know how successful she was
at that (she probably still has a bunch).  She also breeds ferrets.

Lehigh Valley Ferret Rescue
Catasauqua, PA
Jerry & Judith Benner - 215 266-7189
I'm pretty sure they are breeders.  This is also a good club.

I'm working from an old list right now, and I can't remember the status
of the NJ groups.  Here are the numbers I have with me:

The New Jersey Ferret Association
William Darby & Sandy Stilwell - 908 870 - 9511

Friends of Ferrets
Peter & Carolyn Koch - 609 586 - 9526

Well, that should at least get you started.  I have more at home,
so let me know if you are unsuccessful with these.

- Nancy

Nancy Hartman                     CIS graduate student
[log in to unmask]                  U. of Delaware
        President and founder, Delaware Valley Ferret Club
                      Owner of Percy & Bree