From:
Lonny Eachus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 23:49:14 -0700
Sigh. This will be my last post on the topic, no matter what, unless
someone else has something meaningful to add.

I just want to make one thing clear: I did not argue, and I am not
arguing, with "the EXPERTS", or anyone else. I did not say or even
imply that CDV was not dangerous or not important. I closed my message
with a statement about my support of vaccination.

None of that changes this fact: nobody has been able to point to a
single documented case of CDV infection from the virus being tracked
in on shoes in a household, not-shelter setting, that was not already
housing other infected pets. That's just a fact. I have not claimed
it was impossible. It is possible. It has probably happened. It has
DEFINITELY happened in other circumstances. But pretty obviously, not
often enough in the situation that was actually under discussion to
be documented. That was the only point I made.

What "the experts" have said, and what I wrote here, are not at odds.
No matter how much others may think they are. I am not trying to
convince anyone here of anything. I simply made a statement of fact,
for others to evaluate as they see fit. Facts are important.

I have made no attempt to disprove or even argue with anyone else. I
fully agree that CDV is dangerous. I agree that it can be spread by
indirect contact. At no time have I tried to play down the importance
of reasonable precautions. Yet I was still getting the strong feeling
that others have been arguing with me over something I did not say.
That's a pretty bad feeling, because it's impossible to defend your
position against attack, when it was never your position in the first
place.

The End.

Lonny Eachus