From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 21:22:33 -0500
Judging for our photo contest was completed this afternoon.  Let me tell
you, it was not any easy task.  There were so many wonderful photos that it
took quite some time to narrow it down to three winners and two honorable
mentions.

All judging was done blind.  That is, no one knew in advance to whom the
photos belonged, not that the judges were blind. :-)

On the first go around, not one of the judges came up with the same photos
in the voting process.  We had to keep narrowing it down and repeating it
until everyone could agree on the winners and their placing.

And the winners are...

1st Place - Pamela Green (sorry, Pam didn't tell me the ferrets names)

2nd Place - Margaret Williams' "Bella"  (I don't believe she's on the FML)

3rd Place - Kym Isear's "Chelsie" the Dog with "Oso" the ferret

1st Honorable Mention - Bill Gruber's Sophie, may she rest in peace, and
Nellie in their yin & yang pose.

2nd Honorable Mention - Redora & Lorne Cleaver's "Sky"  (another local that
is probably not on the FML)

I hope those who did not win are not disappointed.  I feel bad that everyone
couldn't win.   All of the photos were wonderful and every one was a winner
to me.

Winning photos will be posted to our web site within the next day or so.
As soon as the page is available, I will announce it here.

Pam and Kym, we need an original print for publishing in Modern Ferret.
All I have is what you e-mailed and Eric prefers to scan the photos himself
to get the best quality.  I hope that won't be a problem.

Thank you all very much for participating!  We will be contacting the
winners with more information on prizes and to get shipping addresses,
but I wanted to get this posted as soon as possible.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC

[Moderator's note: I'm pretty sure Ronnie DiComo was the photographer for
that shot of Nellie and Sophie... gotta find the negative.  It was, of
course, submitted as my entry (entries had to be of own ferret), but one
of these days we'll find the negative and see who really took the pix!  BIG]