From:
Susan Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 1998 16:37:19 -0400
Hi to one and all.  This is my first post and I am not a ferret mom, YET.  A
few weeks ago, I was contacted by a good friend and mom of 2 fuzzie, Cindy
Smith, in regards to a post she had seen here about over-crowded shelters in
New Jersey.  Knowing that I am both an animal lover, and from New Jersey,
Cindy sent me the post right away.  Well since that day, I have made
numerous phone calls, only to encounter answering machine after answering
machine and have not recieved a call-back yet.  I did receive a call after
sending email to a person from a shelter quite a distance from here.  This
makes me wonder if the shelters in southern New Jersey are not overcrowded,
or maybe they didn't like the sound of my voice.

Ever since Cindy adopted Oki(whom I never got to meet,but loved just the
same) I started learning about ferrets, and more so since she sent me that
post.  Our family is very animal oriented, as I am a former animal control
officer with a no kill attitude.  Our children have been raised with such
pets as raccoons, skunks, wild rabbits, and always the assorted dogs and
cats.  Yes, at one point there was a ferret in the bunch, but it was claimed
by it's owner after a few fun filled days with us.

So anyway, to get to the point, if there is anyone in the southern New
Jersey/ Philadelphia area who needs a foster home, or would like to let
us adopt a ferret, please email us back.  We have a happy,loving home to
offer :)

Thanks!
Susan