From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2010 16:00:47 -0400
Check out the newly added prize #19 - the "Forum At The Fort" handmade
quilt AND a $30 Ferret Depot Gift Certificate! This gorgeous quilt all
started with some leftover t-shirts the IFC had from its 2005 symposium
in Colorado: "Forum at the Fort." Cathy Ryan ordered the shirts,
planning to make a sleep sack and ferret blanket sporting the t-shirt
design. Cool raffle items!! But Sue Burda's work was too gorgeous
for sleep sacks! Cathy then contacted Priscilla Gabrielle, who has a
talented friend ... and voila!! Rhonda Cox of South Florida created
this wonderful quilted wall hanging featuring the Forum t-shirt in
the center. It measures 29" wide x 37" long and is made of cotton
materials. This was Rhonda's first venture into t-shirts and quilting,
and you can see how beautifully it turned out! (Notice the little
ferret paw prints below the picture - what a special touch. :)) Even
members of Rhonda's quilting class want to buy tickets for this raffle
item! Priscilla kindly funded this project, and even sweetened the
pot by donating a $30.00 gift certificate to the Ferret Depot
<http://www.ferretdepot.com/> to be given to the shelter of the prize
winner's choice! Many thanks to everyone for contributing to this
terrific prize!

And....brand new for 2010 -- From the Ferret Tower of Fun
<http://www.ferrettower.com/ferrethillsdales.htm>
folks comes their newest craze, Ferret Hills and Dales! Made of PVC
lattice that condenses a 25-foot tube into a 3 ft x 1 1/2 foot area,
this toy is loaded with an entertaining mix of ups and downs for your
ferret's exercise and fun. Make your tubes interesting to the kids
again! Keep 'em guessing by changing the configuration over and over.
This prize includes the PVC frame and a 25' heavy duty tube. The PVC
frame comes apart for easy rotation of toys and storage, and cleaning.
Donated by Cindy and Tom Scheidt.

And lots and lots of other great prizes you can check out by visiting
our blog at:

<http://www.supportourshelters.blogspot.com/>

Support Our Shelters' Summer 2010 raffle will run from May 18 until
June 30. The lucky winning tickets will be drawn by Bill Gruber.
Winners will be notified by email or phone, and announced by July 2.

Tickets cost just $1 each, or six for $5. You can allocate your tickets
any way you want! Your ticket numbers will be provided to you shortly
after your purchase.

Use Google Checkout to purchase tickets. Or, you can send a check
payable to Support Our Shelters to this address:

Support Our Shelters
c/o Lisa Oestereich
10010 Markham St.
Silver Spring, MD 20901

If you send a check, remember to include your email address or a
phone number! Please also NOTE THE NUMBER/S # OF THE PRIZE(S) you
are entering for! Checks must be received SOS on or before June 23.

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT SHIPPING!! - The cost of shipping beyond U.S.
borders is increasingly expensive and may be prohibitive for some of
our prize donors. Therefore, we regret that we can only pay for
shipping to the point in the U.S. that is closest to your destination.
For example, if you are located in Toronto and win a prize, we can pay
the postal fees to Buffalo, N.Y. and you will be asked to cover the
difference. We ask prize winners outside the United States to be aware
of this before purchasing tickets, and we are very grateful for your
understanding.