Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 07:17:34 -0700
October Wrote:
>If your local shelter does not hold educational events, become a
>volunteer and start.

I shout.....
Yes, yes!!  Speaking from experience, this is a great way to help
shelters and the ferrets there.  We have educational booths every
Saturday.

Our local PetCo and PetSmart support our efforts.  We are most grateful
for that.

Some days I feel like we saved the world.  Good contacts, people wanting
to learn, ferrets finding forever homes.

Other days I feel, why bother, I'm spinning my wheels.

I recently had one of those days.  I was close to suggesting to the other
volunteers we may as well cut back on this particular store/day.  Slow,
few contacts, folks using the *stink* word.

Then shelter mom October calls a day later, *did I talk to a really nice
young couple that came in to buy a baby ferret*?

Yes, I did.  I was certain they went across the street and bought one,
as PetCo had non for sale that day.

No, actually they called October and adopted a shelter ferret.

So, never feel you are wasting time, not making a difference, not helping
the shelter.  You will, even on a bad day.

Education Rules!
Ardith
www.renoferrets.org