From:
Jaime Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:47:42 -0800
>We just moved into a new much larger place and are buying real
>furniture. I was wondering what is the best way to ferret proof the
>bottom of the couch and box spring?
>Jaime L.  Naugle

Hi Jaime- I'm Jaime too- I don't come across other Jaimes too often :-)
Our box spring was destroyed- don't let that happen to you.  We tried
multiple things that didn't work.  The only thing that worked was to buy
a huge roll of chicken wire (I'm not kidding) at the local Orchard Supply
and cut it to exactly the size of the mattress.  Then we flipped the box
spring and STAPLED the chicken wire to the bottom.  We have not had a
digging problem (at least not on the bottom- they still maul the top of
the mattress if they can squeeze under the sheet) since then.

But we just bought a new bed that's being delivered tomorrow.  They are
supposed to take away the old one... I don't know how I'm going to
explain the holes and chicken wire.  I hope they take it...

Jaime