From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:46:10 EDT
>Hi, My name is Erin and I was wondering how often I should bath my ferret.
>I've heard every month to twice a year.  If some one could help I would be
>very great-full.

hi erin,
i give my ferrets a bath once a month...or more often if they need
it...mine like to run in and out of the shower when i am in it... ;-)

if they have blackheads on their tail...just scrub their tail 2 times
a week with something like sebolux (get it from a vet)...(or u can use
regular ferret shampoo)..but only there tail...

i was washing my ferrets like everyweek...and that was the worst mistake i
could have ever done...it messed up there whole system...they were muskier
than normal (really strong)..there coat wasnt right...and etc...so once a
month with a "FERRET" shampoo is just fine...if you want to go longer than
that is fine too...as long as i clean there cage everyday and ws there
bedding in woolite 1 to 2 times a week (more if needed) and wash there
cage 1 a week...i find that really i dont have to wash them so often...
some of my ferrets are not descented so mine will have a tendency to have
a really strong smell...kitkat smells like a burnt vaccum cleaner belt
when she sprays....im telling the truth....its funny!!!

hope this helps!!
Trudie