From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 19:03:15 -0400
The very first girl ferret I ever got is Socks, who has outlived her
cagemate Sam and many, MANY others. She has never had any problems
except needing her teeth cleaned. She is getting old, maybe 8+, and
sometimes forgets where she is suppose to poop, not unusual with the
many "oldies" I've had through the years, but recently things were
different. She would just walk around and loose poop would fall out
of her like she couldn't control it. Exactly like the other FML ferret
mom said was wrong with her ferret. I looked in Sock's mouth and found
an ulcer. I have dealt with ulcers many times but not with sweet
Socks! I immediately called Chris Mathis for advice. Chris answers the
phone like she always does when I call...."Hi, Nancy...what's up?"....
knowing I have a problem. First thing she tells me is not to "stress",
that it wasn't my fault, and then proceeds to tell me the meds old
Socks needs and the dosage. She also reminds me of Sock's age and that
things may be just breaking down and therefore the ulcer. While she's
talking with me I can hear cages being cleaned and ferrety noises. I
don't think she ever rests. I cannot say enough about this wonderful
ferret mom.

Chris and her husband Dave drove 6 hours to attend my husband's
memorial service, slept a few hours then went right back to running the
ferret shelter, after driving 6 hours back home the next morning. After
the service Chris picked up dishes, packed up food and help haul it
back to my house. Never resting for a second. While at my house she
gave each ferret a quick once over and each of my 5 teenage daughters
a big hug, brushing away some tears. Chris and her husband are VERY
special people who have devoted their lives, their home and their
personal savings to ferrets.

Please everyone, support this wonderful ferret mom and dad in their
time of need!

Nancy, wishing she lived closer so she could clean cages, clip nails,
medicate ferrets, etc, etc, etc........